Drug Free Marion County is an anti-drug coalition. Our work is aimed at preventing and reducing the impact of substance use on crime, health and individuals in our community.
What Are Our Local Problems?
- The use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs by youth in Marion County continues to be above regional and state averages.
- Parents are not aware of the level of youth substance use in Marion County.
- The number of detox services available is less than 50% of the current need for those without insurance.
- Many people are unable to complete treatment as a result of other unmet needs.
- Abuse of alcohol and drugs is a major contributor to crime in Marion County
How Does Drug Free Marion County Address These Problems?
- Continually assesses the county needs and updates Strategic Community Plan.
- Provides funding for local prevention, treatment and criminal justice programs.
- Promotes awareness and advocates for change.
To advocate for a healthier, safer Marion County through prevention and education to reduce substance abuse among youth and adults.
To be the community resource to eliminate the negative consequences of substance abuse.