April Exec Comm Minutes
Drug Free Marion County
April 19, 2017
Members Present: Bill Nelson, Anna Hail, Sarah Kuehl, Randy Miller
Minutes: Review of Minutes. Approved with Corrections (Date February 22, 2017)
- Operating at a loss.
- Have not received reimbursement from the state for the past three months.
- Have not received Underage Drinking reimbursement yet.
- Caine asked R. Miller to send another letter to their office requesting more funds
- Fairbanks Foundation has a rolling deadline. Must decide what type of programing we want to do (Prevention)
- Need to review the Executive Committee/ Governance Committee section of the Bylaws
- Board needs to do an evaluation of the Executive Director
- Kuehl will leave the board effective July 2017
- Treasurer chairs the Finance/ Development committee (Public Awareness will be added)
- Miller will send Public Awareness committee description draft to present to the board. Committee will be chaired by the Vice President of the Board, and should include Treasurer as part of the committee
- New board member, Molly Smith, will come on board in July
- Kuehl recruited Danielle Lycan as a potential replacement for the Treasurer vacancy
- Group must meet to develop a plan
- Kristen will inquire about contact at Huntington’s bank. Regions and Huntington may donate for the CLL event
- Need to identify potential keynote speaker
June 2017 Executive Committee meeting changed to June 21st at Lincoln Square
Strategic Planning Retreat
- Need to start planning now. Identify a facilitator. Retreat could take place during fall season
- Should include more members in committees?
- DFMC 20th Anniversary is next year. Fundraising activities could take place during the event
Executive Committee Secretary