Drug Free Marion County is an anti-drug coalition. Our work is aimed at preventing and reducing the impact of substance use on crime, health and individuals in our community.
We need your support!
What Are Our Local Problems?
- The use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs by youth in Marion County continues to be above regional and state averages.
- Parents are not aware of the level of youth substance use in Marion County.
- The number of detox services available is less than 50% of the current need for those without insurance.
- Many people are unable to complete treatment as a result of other unmet needs.
- Abuse of alcohol and drugs is a major contributor to crime in Marion County
How Does Drug Free Marion County Address These Problems?
- Continually assesses the county needs and updates Strategic Community Plan.
- Provides funding for local prevention, treatment and criminal justice programs.
- Promotes awareness and advocates for change.
To advocate for a healthier, safer Marion County through prevention and education to reduce substance abuse among youth and adults.
To be the community resource to eliminate the negative consequences of substance abuse.